Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Myhealthcaresource?
- Myhealthcaresource.com and Ratchet Software LLC focus on providing data services relating to the healthcare industry. Currently, Myhealthcaresource.com for skilled nursing facilities focuses on providing Medicare cost reports, Extracted state Medicaid cost report data, and that data supplemented with our growing database of proprietary data.
- Are you affiliated with the healthcare industry?
- Essentially we are a software company providing tools for accessing data that we process for Myhealthcaresource and other clients.
- How do I change my password or login email?
- On your user dashboard you can change your login email or password in the 'Account Summary' section.
- Can I group facilities by county, city, etc?
- By using the site search at the top of the page you can find facilities in a certain city or county.
- How do I remove my name/business from the data included on myhealthcarsource?
- If you find yourself listed in the data included on our website then you have been released in some form of public data released by the state or federal government. None of the data we release has been obtained through any illegal means and is all considered public data.
- How do I request data to be included on Myhealthcaresource?
- If there is some data that you feel would improve what Myhealthcaresource offers then please let us know! We will offer free annual subscriptions to users who suggest data ideas that we implement and include on the site. Specifically we are looking to provide more data similar to what a consultant might compile during an evaluation of a hospital or facility.
- What if I have an infrequently asked question?
- Feel free to contact us for any questions you might have. Also we are usually available for live chat in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- How do I know whether data are accurate?
- If a facility mis-reports data, then we have no control over that. Otherwise, we report the data that has been provided to us by the federal government. The only changes we make are combining certain sub-items in order to make the data fit on the standard cost report forms.
- Why aren't there more recent financial data for a facility
- We make no guarantees about the data we offer, but we do our best to make sure that the latest data is available that has been released by the government.
- Why are some cost report worksheets missing?
- We include all the worksheets that are included in the HCRIS data obtained from the federal government. If a worksheet is missing for a facility, then it either was not included in the federal dataset or that facility did not fill out that worksheet.
- Replication of Worksheets
- HCRIS data have been used to replicate standard worksheet formats based on current cost reporting procedures. Please note that sub-lines and sub-columns may be combined in the process. Also, please note that only the most commonly referenced worksheets are included.
- How can I obtain files or special reports based on data from your site?
- If you need some sort of custom services that utilize our datasets, we do offer custom reports or can develop custom tools for accessing our data. Please contact us to get more details.
- What if I have technical questions about the data?
- We are not an accounting company and do not claim to be experts in cost reports. That said, we have spent years working with this data and can answer most question someone might have about our datasets. The U.S. Center for Medicare Services has detailed instructions for completing cost reports that should be the first location someone searches for answers about Medicare cost report questions.
- What are the sources of data?
- Most of our data comes from publicly released government healthcare data. Over time we have developed our own database of processed data for our own purposes or other clients. If you have a specific question about the source of a piece of data, please let us know.
- How often is the data updated?
- SNF Medicare cost report data is updated on a rolling basis. As new data is released, we try to get it online as soon as possible. The quality care and survey data is updated periodically to include the latest data for each of the facilities. Medicaid data is usually available around 8 months to 1 year after it has been submitted to the government. We try to get this data online as soon as possible but we have to process each state individually so it is not as fast as the Medicare data.
- Do you have plans to add other data sets?
- We are always working towards increasing our data offerings. Please let us know if you have ideas for new data. We will give free annual subscriptions if we use a suggestion from a user on Myhealthcaresource.
- Do you offer hospital data?
- Yes, we have another product targeted at Hospital data. It can be found at http://www.myhealthcaresource.com/hospitals
- Can I share my subscription with other people?
- Subscriptions are priced for individual users only. If you wish to purchase for a large number of users, please contact us and we can arrange discount pricing.
- What is included in Subscription Services?
- With a subscription you can download and view all our available cost reports. You may also view the quality and survey reports we have available. Also, any future features such as being able to chart certain cost report values will also be included.
- How do I change my subscription type?
- On the user dashboard you can upgrade a Pay as You Go plan to the Annual subscription in the 'Account Summary' section. If you cancel an Annual subscription, it will turn into a Pay as You Go plan after the period that has been paid for expires.
- Can I purchase a multi-user subscription?
- Of course! If you wish to buy a subscription for multiple users or for your organization, then please contact us to arrange volume discounts.
- What if I'm not satisfied with my subscription?
- If there is a problem with a downloaded report, we will review it and provide a refund if this is the case. Users given a few free credits to view state Medicaid data and also are able to view Hawaii Medicare cost reports for free in order to get an idea of what type of data is available. For annual subscriptions, there are no refunds under most circumstances. Please review our refund policy.
- Can I view sample cost reports before I buy?
- Yes. Currently we allow users to view and download cost reports from Hawaii free of cost. We also provide free credits to view state Medicaid data for free for new users. In order to view any other cost reports or Medicaid reports, you must either purchase them individually or sign up for an oesubscription.
- What's included in an Subscription?
Please refer to the
page to see what is included in the various subscription options.
All updates and additional features are included in the price.
- Can I view sample cost reports before I buy?
- Yes. Currently we allow users to view and download cost reports from Hawaii free of cost. We also provide free credits to view state Medicaid data for free for new users. In order to view any other cost reports or Medicaid reports, you must either purchase them individually or sign up for an subscription.
- How will I be billed?
Monthly & Annual Billing:
For the annual or monthly options, you'll input your billing information upon signup or upgrade. This fee will recur until you turn it off in your subscription options on the user dashboard.
Pay as You Go Billing: This option allows you to pay for Medicare cost reports individually with no initial charges. Your credit card on file is charged at the end of each monthly cycle. We currently limit the amount of outstanding charges allowed on a single account. If you purchase cost reports and then within the first 30 days decide you wish to purchase an annual subscription, please contact us and we can credit your annual subscription with the amount of your individual cost report purchases.
Volume Discounts: If you wish to purchase a subscription for several users in your organization. Please contact us to let us know how many licenses you need.
Note: Refunds cannot be issued and partial months cannot be prorated.
- When is my payment due?
- Payment is due at the time of subscription purchase and we charge for purchased cost reports at the end of the monthly cycle.
- How do I update my credit card information?
- You can easily update or remove your credit card information from the user dashboard after logging in.
- How do I cancel my subscription?
- After service has begun, you are responsible for the charges for that period. Should you choose to cancel your service, you will be responsible for paying for service fees in full. Your subscription run until it expires and change into a Pay as You Go plan after it expires.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
- Myhealthcaresource supports all Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB, and Diners Club cards.
- How do I see my billing history and invoices?
- You should receive email notification when billed. You may also view transaction history by clicking on 'view more' in your account summary on the user dashboard.
- My business requires a paper invoice. How do I obtain one?
- As an Internet Based business Myhealthcaresource does not send out postal invoices however, the emailed invoices are in printable format.
- What happens if my credit card is declined or I otherwise can't make my payment?
- If your card is declined for an annual subscription renewal, then your plan automatically converts to a Pay as You Go plan. If you card is declined when charging for previously purchased cost reports you will be contacted notifying of your outstanding charges.